Paying parking with mobile phones
Users of Telenor network have a possibility of paying parking services with their mobile phones.
Users wanting to pay parking over their mobile phones should write SMS message including the registration plates of a vehicle for which they want to pay the parking and send it to the parking zone number in which they have parked their vehicle. E.g.: message text: BG123456 is sent to number 9XYZ. The parking zone number (9XYZ) to which the SMS should be sent includes:
- 9-parking number
- XY-town dialling code
- Z-parking zone numeric mark
Examples of parking zone numbers in towns
- by sending a SMS message to the parking zone number, a user can pay up to one hour of parking, at maximum, and the extension of the parking depends on the parking time limit for the corresponding parking zone;
- the price of sending a SMS message has been fixed under the valid Price List of company Telenor, and the parking price has been fixed in Price Lists of the Parking Enterprise;
- after first successfully used m-parking service, the system enables simple method of new payment of parking for the same vehicle. It is sufficient for the user to send the symbol * as SMS message content from the same mobile phone number to the m-parking number and once again register or extend the parking for the vehicle with same registration plates;
- a user may pay the parking in several different parking zones and/or for several vehicles (previously paid parking will not be cancelled);
- paying the parking with by service is available 24 hours a day, and is charged according to prescribed times for charging the parking. The 24-hour availability of parking payment implies a possibility of paying the parking for the first following working hour also after working hours.
Confirmation of the effected parking payment
- if a user doesn’t receive a return message on the paid parking within 2 minutes, the payment of parking by m-parking service has failed and the service shall not be charged;
- by sending a symbol ? as SMS message content to the same parking zone number, a user can get a status of parking paid at that moment in that zone.
SMS message on the expiry of paid parking - "Reminder"
- the user can extend the parking for another hour by sending a SMS message with the same registration plate number or just a symbol * to the same parking zone number;
- extension of parking time depends on the parking time limit for the corresponding parking zone;
- after the expiry of the maximum allowed parking time, a user can pay the parking over m-parking service in the next 15 minutes.
- In case parking has not been paid for a parked vehicle (by mobile phone or in some other way) or the time limit for which the payment has been made has been exceeded, a controller shall issue a fine note over integrated transfer terminal (pocket PC) in line with the provisions of the Rules of Procedure (decision) on methods of Parking Collection and Control.
- Parking service assumes for every city the role of information Call Centre (011/3035-400 for Belgrade) for service users who, among others, use the service of paying a parking place over mobile phones and to which users can convey their complaints, objections, proposals and suggestions.