ABOUT TELENOR NEWS NEWS AND PRESS RELEASES TOGETHER TO LONDON 2012 - OCS, TELENOR, PARTNERS, ATHLETES AND COACHES - TEAM FOR OLYMPIC PREPARATIONS
Together to London 2012 - OCS, Telenor, partners, athletes and coaches - team for Olympic preparations
December 16, 2009 - Ceremonial inking on financing the program of Olympic preparations for “London 2012” for top Serbian athletes in individual sports and their coaches has officially provided support for preparations, qualifications and performance at the Games.
The agreement has been inked by representatives of the OCS, athletes, their coaches and sports associations at the premises of Telenor, the grand sponsor of the Olympic Committee of Serbia.
The Olympic Committee of Serbia has thus confirmed its long-term commitment to providing athletes of Serbia who achieve outstanding results with stable financial support and optimal preparation in the period until the Olympic Games in London. According the OCS categorisation, athletes are divided in the following 4 categories, based on their results starting from the Olympic Games 2008 in Beijing: “Olympic Athlete - Candidate for Medal”, “Olympic Candidate”, “ Potential A Candidate”, and “Potential B Candidate”. (Please find an OCS categorisation chart attached).
Implementation of the “London 2012” project is based on partner relations and cooperation between the OCS and the Ministry of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Serbia, the Executive Council of the Autonomous Province of Vojvodina, the International Olympic Committee, and the pool of sponsors of the OCS.
Attendees have been addressed by:
- Kjell-Morten Johnsen - Telenor CEO
- Vlade Divac - President of the Olympic Committee of Serbia
- Snežana Samardžić Marković - Minister of Youth and Sports of the Republic of Serbia
- Siniša Lazić - First Vice-Speaker of the Assembly of the Autonomous Province of Vojvodina
- Nađa Higl, the winner of the gold medal at the World Championship in Rome
- Damir Mikec, the winner of the 7th place at the Olympic Games 2008 in Beijing and the silver medal of the European Championship in Prague.