New emergency numbers
May 18, 2012 – As of May 21, in order to make calls to emergency services, the caller should add 1 in front of previously valid numbers. The users of all Telenor tariff plans can make calls to the following emergency service numbers and helplines by using new numbers:
- 112 Emergency Service
- 192 Police
- 193 Fire Brigade
- 194 Ambulance
- 1976 Military Ambulance
- 1985 Information and Response Centre
- 19191 Security Information Agency
- 19860 Military Police
- 116000 Missing Children Helpline
- 116111 Children Assistance Helpline
- 116123 Emotional Support Helpline
- 116006 Crime Victims Helpline
- 116117 Medical Advice Helpline
Calls made from Telenor network to the aforementioned numbers will not be charged.
The existing numbers with 9 as a first digit will be valid until December 31, 2012.
Until the conditions have been fully established to make calls to emergency services and helplines, calls made to the following numbers: 112, 116000, 116111, 116123, 116006 and 116117 will be answered by a voicemail, featuring an explanation that the numbers in question are not available, instructing the user to call 192, 193 or 194 in case of an emergency.