Telenor’s Global Impact Report published
The report made by KPMG, was published last year and it indicates how Telenor directly contributes to the communities in which it operates. It is consisted of data related to the influence of entire Group on 13 markets but also each individual business unit for 2015.
Social-economic impacts included in this study are categorized in 4 key areas:
- Telenor’s contribution to macro-economic growth
- Ways in which Telenor’s services provide expanding economic development, including impacts on digital inclusion, financial inclusion, boosting entrepreneurship and innovation, and role in supporting improved gender equality
- The impact of Telenor regarding Supply Chain Sustainability
- Telenor’s contribution during emergencies.
Some data on global level
Globally, Telenor contributes economic growth by 20,3 billion (in direct, indirect and induced GVA on 13 markets in 2015)
GVA: USD 20,3 billion on 13 markets;
- Employment: It is estimated that Telenor creates 1,2 million direct, indirect and induced jobs. Each job that Telenor has directly created included additional 33 indirect and induced jobs;
- Investments: 3,2 USD billion total investments, including 3,1 billion of capital expenditure;
- Employees: 13.000 women are directly employed in Telenor in 2015 (36% of total working force in Telenor)
- Supply Chain Sustainability: 2,1million employees have worked with company with high standards of labor rights and working conditions, following Telenor’s supply chain sustainability policy.
Full report in English can be found on the following link:
Translated data for Serbia and opening remarks of Sigve Brekke, president and CEO of Telenor Group can be found here.