Twitter is a global social network that connects you in real time with the latest information about all you find interesting and essential. In order for Twitter to be able to do that, short messages (tweets) are used, containing up to 140 characters.
Although short, these messages carry an abundance of information on latest media contents or topics. All these messages are public and accessible to everyone. Twitter enables combining messages that are quickly written and easily read.
As of now you can tweet on your phone and with SMS. Twitter SMS enables you to stay connected with your friends at every moment and every place, no matter where they may be. You can activate Twitter SMS on the web or mobile phone.
Tweet and follow your friends by sending and receiving SMS messages over the number 40404. All users of Twitter register for their messages by following yours or someone else’s account.
Why is Twitter good for companies?
firm, you can use Twitter so as to exchange information, gather different notifications from other sources and develop relations with all who care about your Company. Sending a SMS to number 40404 is charged as a standard SMS depending on the tariff package you have, whereas the reception of messages from number 40404 is free of charge. Messages sent from roaming to 40404 are charged according to tariffs applicable to roaming depending on the zone you are in.
Twitter SMS - activation
How to activate Twitter SMS over web?
- Log-in to your Twitter account
- Select the option Settings - Mobile
- As country select Serbia, and Telenor as the operator
- Enter your phone number and click Start
After activation, send SMS reading GO to 40404
How to activate Twitter SMS over mobile phone?
If you don’t have a Twitter account created:
- Send a SMS reading START to number 40404.
- Twitter will send you a message to which you should reply with SIGNUP so as to create your new account.
- After that, the Twitter will ask you to select your user name, which has to be unique and have no more than 15 characters. Send a message to number 40404 with the text of the user name you want to register.
- If the user name is free, Twitter will ask you to choose a password.
- Twitter sends you notification that you have successfully created your Twitter account and activated Twitter SMS service.
- You can send your first message or tweet!
If you have created Twitter account:
- Send a SMS reading START to number 40404 so as to activate the service Twitter SMS.
- Twitter will send you a message asking to reply with your user name.
- After that, the Twitter will ask you to send your password, where you have to take care of small and capital letters.
- Send the password and, if it is correct, Twitter will ask you to reply with OK so as to register your phone number for your Twitter account.
- Now your Twitter SMS service is activated.
Some of commands for Twitter SMS
Activating and deactivating the sending of latest information from Twitter
- ON: Activation of reception of all information and news you have selected fro your account on your phone.
- OFF: To deactivate sending of all information, except for personal messages.
- STOP, QUIT, END, CANCEL, ARREST or UNSUBSCRIBE: To deactivate sending of all information, including personal messages.
- ON Username: To activate sending information on a specific person. E.g.: ON PeraPeric.
- OFF Username: To deactivate sending information on a specific person. E.g.: OFF YUCQ1.
- FOLLOW Username: This command enables you to follow a specific person and receive SMS information about him/her. E.g.: FOLLOW PeraPeric
- LEAVE Username: Command by which you deactivate sending SMS information about a specific person. E.g.: LEAVE PeraPeric